Pages





Friday, July 26, 2013

Post It Holder Tutorial

My project for today is one that gets done several times a year in my craft room. I love this for lots of different gift giving occasions. This one is for a birthday. I will be doing some soon to get a jump start in the holidays...

For now, here is the how-to..

First, start with a piece of card stock 3.25 inches x 11 inches

Score as shown below:



Fold on the score lines:



Cut as shown for the pen opening:


Fold and add adhesive:




I wanted to use this pretty flourish stamp from Close To My Heart but didn't have an acrylic block big enough. I had seen, somewhere in my web land travels, a suggestion to use a Cuttlebug embossing plate... well, it worked!



Here are a few of my trial and errors:


The one on the left, that is similar to my final project, shows how I stamped the sentiment on the wrong end...

And the finished Post It Holder...


Stamps sets used:
Close To My Heart C1503 - The Bests Things
Close To My Heart C1538 - Girls Rock
Inks:
Close To My Heart - Sky
Close To My Heart - Gypsy

I don't have any of the small pens that this needs ( shopping trip to Staples on my future ! ) so I used a regular pen...




Now for the 
Special Offer !!

From today until July 31, 2013

when you place a $50.00 order (before tax and shipping)
I will send you the ink pad of your choice 
for
FREE!!

 You can place your order 


While you are there, check out the Close To My Heart specials...

The July Stamp of the Month for $5.00 with your $50.00 order
S1307A

And this beautiful Workshop on the Go  Canvas Art Kit - G1062
for
 $19.95
that's 50% off the regular price of $39.95


Please leave a comment if you have any questions about my tutorial for this easy Post It Note Holder.

As always, thanks for stopping by :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment