Pages





Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cricut and Close To My Heart Card Holder Tutorial

Today, I am starting a project that was made easier and better after learning from  a mistake I made and told you about HERE.

The Card Holder is made from the CTMH Cricut  Artiste cartridge, cut at 6 inches. The papers are from the Dream Pop promotion pack that unfortunately is no longer available.

.







I made another mistake while figuring the dimensions for the base. I wanted it to be 1.5 inches tall, but instead of adding 3 inches to the lenght and width I only added 1.5 inches so when I scored at 1.5 inches on each side I realized I had done THAT wrong ( you can see the extra score lines ) But I fixed it and  scored again at 3/4" on all sides, clipped up to the score line as shown and glued the flaps on the inside.







 The three folders fit very nicely inside the base and the measuring mistake turned out to be for the beast as the circle labels wouldn't have worked if the base was any taller.

The labels are cut from Art Philosophy at 1 1/4 inch and stamped in Slate - Z2173, and Lagoon - Z2195 using the Perfect Fit - Birthday B1417 and a set that I think came in my new consultant kit.

Tomorrow I will start showing the cards that go in this cheerful card holder. Please let me know if you have any questions on how this was put together,

As always, thanks for stopping by :)


No comments:

Post a Comment