Pages





Monday, August 12, 2013

Bag in a Box for Baby Tutorial

Good Morning!

It seems like there is a baby explosion going on all around me. New grandkids, nieces, nephews and friends... there are going to be babies busting out all over in the next few months. So I decided I had better get ahead of the game and start making a few little somethings. I am starting with this very versatile gift Bag in a Box that I found a few years ago on Splitcoaststampers. If you have a hard time following my directions just click on over there and see the original.

Okay, here goes...

The bottom is a 4.5" x 4.5" piece of cardstock that is scored at 1" on all sides.
Clip up to the score line on each corner as shown.


Put sticky strip on each tab and fold in to form the box.




Remove the tape from the bottom, lay the box along the edge, I started in the middle of the box 
so the seam would be centered in the back.
continue to line up the bottom of the paper with the bottom edge
of the box.
When you get to the end, remove the tape from the side of the designer paper and attach to the opposite side.


Here is what a completed one looks like looking in from the top.

For the scalloped edge border, I  used the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge cut at 1"




I sponged the edges first...


then added two rows of sticky strip to the back.
I attached to the bottom edge the same way as the designer paper.


For the tabs on the top, I used Artiste and put two small circles in the middle.

Important... DO NOT weld  them together, just group them together.



Score each tab down the middle. Use very strong adhesive
 to attach the tabs to the front and back of the bag.


And here is the finished project...



The sentiments are from the new Artbooking Cartridge from Close To My Heart.


I'm afraid you will get tired of me saying this, but this Artbooking cartridge is fast becoming a favorite!
It is so versatile, great for all kinds of paper crafting ideas.

Don't forget the specials for the month of August from
Close To My Heart

If you would like to see the new CTMH Idea Book for the fall/winter please check it out




We have a great special for the month of August!
 With every $50.00 order, you will get the 
August Stamp of the Month for
FREE!!!!



Learn more HERE!

And with a $75.00 order I will send you an ink pad of your choice, FREE!!

If you would like to receive the new Idea Book, just leave me a comment with a way to reach you.


As always, thanks for stopping by :)









No comments:

Post a Comment