Pages





Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dragonfly Birthday Card

My youngest daughter's birthday was yesterday ~ yup oldest on the 23rd, youngest on the 24th! It has never been a problem as the girls are very close and have always loved celebrating their days together.
For my youngest I was so happy to see a new dragonfly image on the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.
I cut the card feature out at 5.25 inches. I set it up on my Gypsy so I could use the hide contour feature and hide the score line cuts. I really don't like having those little slits show on the finished project.
 



The banner is and flower is from the AP cart also. For the banner, I cut the top layer at 1.35 Then for the shadow layer I unlinked the chain and adjusted the height and length separately - height 1.70 and length 3.81.
This gave me a shadow that I was happy with. Then I used a CTMH stamp for the sentiment and attached with  pop dots.
The flowers are from AP and are cut at 1.0 , 1.25 , 1.5 and held together with a rhinestone brad that I've been hoarding forever. Before attaching to the card I cut a small piece of ribbon and put behind the flower.
I cut a small piece of brown poka dot paper and put behind the dragonfly cutout to make it stand out.



The last thing I did was a little bit of white gel pen dots on the corners. 

We gave the card to her last night and she loved it !! Of coarse !!

As always, thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mindy this is so elegant and stunning!!!!! Fabulous design and excellent work!!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mindy! I love the cuts and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete