Pages





Monday, July 30, 2012

Carnival Time

We are right in the heart of summer here in New Jersey and that means it is fair and carnival time. So it's the perfect time for the  Carnival theme at SweetSassyDiva. I couldn't come up with any other way to use this theme except a layout. That's right, here is my second one! My daughters are convinced they will turn me into a scrapbooker yet!

As I am writing this post, spell check tells me I have misspelled the title, so I will be going back and fixing that.... duh....

I started by laying out all my pieces on my Gypsy. I put them on three separate layers.


The tent is from Create a Critter and is cut at 2.75 inches. I put the layer on twice and then hide all the cuts but the door so I could have that a different color.




The lion is from Create a Critter and is cut at 1.75 inches  I also cut out the word Time on this layer and that is 1.20 inches from Art Philosophy.




 The banner is from Art Philosophy and is cut at 1.25 inches. I placed the letters in the triangles and sized each one separately. They are approximately .75 inches.



For the photo mats I used the ticket punch from Stampin Up and black gel pen stitching.
I inked the edges of all the pieces of the tent and stitched in white gel pen. The lion I left alone. For the border I used the Fiskars Scallop border punch and stitched in white gel pen.

I threaded some thin ribbon through the banner and attached with pop dots.

Please stop in everyday and check out all the creative ideas for our Carnival week!


Cartridges used - Create a Critter and Art Philosophy


As Always, Thanks for stopping by  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment