Pages





Thursday, May 3, 2012

Diamonds....

are a girls best friend! And a great accent for a card maker. This weeks challenge at SweetSassyDiva is to use our Cricut to put some diamonds on ... whatever we chose.
I honestly had no plan when I sat down at my craft table today. I opened the Cricut booklet that happened to be out on my table - Holiday Cakes - and found this great diamond border  with a top layer. I then went to my Stampin Up Color Coach and picked a random combo... Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgundy and Sahara Sand.
I cut the diamond border at 1.14 inches, 3 times and the top layer once. I laid the ribbon on the card front then attached the borders over the top and tied a bow. I made the flower from Art Philosophy at 4.5 inches ( next time I would make it smaller). I added some  extra loops and tails of ribbon and then used my hot glue gun to attach the flower. A bit of hot glue in the center to hold the clear rhinestone and some gel gen dots and this simple card is done.


As always, thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment