Pages





Friday, October 14, 2011

Wrap it up Wreath

 I have to tell you, this is a VERY exciting day for me. This is my first project as a Design Team Member for Sweetsassydiva !  This weeks challenge is to make a wreath. Since fall is my favorite time of year, of coarse I would be using warm, fall colors.

I started by using my Gypsy to make the wreath form. I put 2 circles from George and Basic shapes on my mat and sized them at 9.5" and 6.25"

and cut out using a 12x12 sheet of brown card stock.

Next came the leaves... lots of leaves...that are from Everyday Paper Dolls, cut at 2" in 3 colors. I used metalic gel pens to bring out the cut lines and sponged the edges in Close to Cocoa from Stampin Up. Then I embossed them using the Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder.


The acorn image is from Holiday Cakes. I cut the shadow, base and shift layer all at 2". For the base and shadow I used the auto fill feature on the Expression 2 . I set the paper size to 11" x8.5", chose the image, sized to 2", then hit the auto fill.


I did the same thing with the shadow and shift layer. After I had the 3 layers cut out I decided that I wanted more than the 2 basic colors, so I got the Gypsy out again and pulled up the shift layer. I did the hide contour thing so I could cut the berries in one color then the leaves in another color.

I inked all the edges and put them together. I have some spare parts to use in future projects :)



Some feather yarn for the hanger, a few rhinestones and some of the extra small leaves were added and I called it done.

One thing I want to mention is I used my hot glue gun to assemble this project. I have found that things that have been embossed are hard to attach with double stick tape or regular paper crafting glue.

My supply list:
Cricut Cartridges : Holiday Cakes, Everyday Paper Dolls, George and Basic Shapes
Cards stock - Stampin Up -More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Really Rust, Early Espresso, Mellow Moss, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake
Ink - Stampin Up Close to Cocoa
Patterned paper - old Stampin Up Designer paper
Sakura Gel Pens - Lime Star and Gold
Feather Yarn
Rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. love the wreath, great job!

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete