Pages





Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Paper Clips






To start this cute, fun project I cute black cardstock - 3 3/8" x 8 1/4 " - then scored at 3/4", 4 5/8" & 4 7/8".
The inside orange piece is 3" x 3 1/4". I'm sorry I don't have the info for cutting the slits, I just kind of did it by laying the paper clips on the paper and marking where I wanted the cuts to be.

After I attached the orange piece on the inside, I folded the 3/4" scoreline up and stapled close to the fold line. The staple is covered by the ribbon that I have had for ever.

The ghost is from the Stampin Up Owl punch. I cut the feet off and turned it upside down to make the ghost shape. The eyes are from the same punch. For the mouth I used my Gypsy and the elephant from Create a Critter, I hide all the cuts EXCEPT the eyes and cut out at 5.82 " I was making 10 sets of these so I had to cut out 20 sets, both  sides of the ghosts have eyes and mouths. After I had the ghosts with the faces, I used my glue gun to attach both sides together with the paperclip in the middle. This form of gluing the ghosts together makes them very sturdy.

The owl on the cover is from Stampin Up, stamped with Elegant Eggplant. The treat bag and beak are colored with Pumpkin Pie Marker, then punched out with the same owl punch I used for the ghosts.
The owl is layered on designer paper punched with the extra large scallop Circle punch from Stampin Up.
The background paper is from my stash layered onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock
The boo is from Stampin up and punched with the Tiny Tag Punch.
The flowers are from my collection, put together with a rhinestone brad.


2 comments: